The main Geek Girl Series
Technical Girl Evaluation
Self-avowed nerd Harriet informs her very own story of relationship, group as well as the extraordinary world of styles.
Harriet’s cleverness just isn’t fundamentally a good help as she tries to discover their method through the teenage confusions as a geeky outsider but, in conclusion, after some unforeseen times on the cat walk, all ends up really!
Shortlisted for your Leeds guide Awards 2014, 11-14 years class – Shortlisted for Roald Dahl witty Prize 2013 – March 2013 Debut regarding the Month
And the Lovereading specialist opinion for Geek Girl a small amount of LoveReading4Kids people had been fortunate as welcomed to review this subject. Here’s a taster. ‘I recommend this guide to youngsters every where, it’s an ageless vintage which is remembered forever, see clearly!.’.
Scroll right down to read more recommendations.
Guides when you look at the Geek Female Collection:
Technical Woman Synopsis
“My name is Harriet Manners, and I am a geek.”
Harriet ways understands that a pet provides 32 muscles in each ear canal, a “jiffy” persists 1/100th of the second, and also the average person laughs 15 era daily. She understands that bats always become kept whenever leaving a cave and therefore peanuts are among the foods of dynamite.
But she doesn’t see exactly why no body at school generally seems to fancy the lady.
So when Harriet try noticed by a premier product agent, she grabs the opportunity to transform herself.
No matter if it indicates stealing her closest friend’s fancy, taking on the wrath of their arch enemy Alexa, and repeatedly embarrassing herself before impossibly handsome product Nick. No matter if it means sleeping to the people she loves.
Nerd Lady Viewer Recommendations
Kids love to see and therefore besides our very own Lovereading specialist thoughts a number of the Lovereading4kids audience Overview screen are additionally lucky enough to see and review this name. Look for their particular complete reviews by clicking here.
- Zoe Crook – ‘I couldn’t end looking over this guide. Certainly, people, this is the type of book that may help keep you up all night long! Do not say you had beenn’t informed!’
- Robin Johansson,age 14 and Hannah Janman, age 11 – ‘Geek female are a fantastic guide for girls in particular, a lot more of a teenage/issues drama than a young child’s book. I happened to be so upset as I completed it, I absolutely enjoyed they!’
- Meaghan Lagan, age 14 – ‘i truly enjoyed this guide as it got an overall twist.’
- Laoise Tabi, get older 14 – ‘It is a very girly publication, amusing and brilliant. Make fun of aloud high quality.’
- Kara, years 11 – ‘After reading Geek Girl, we believed pleased to-be who I am as the publication suggests that you don’t need to resemble others, you can easily be your self.’
- Stefanie Tucker, age 13 – ‘The land try fresh and that I found myself empowered.’
- Alice D’Angelo, years 14 – ‘Through the first page, I enjoyed Harriet Manners and her look on existence.’
- Sezen Mehmet, years 12 – ‘i must say i enjoyed checking out technical lady. It had been interesting and an enjoyable journey of feelings and laughs.’
- Delilah Acworth, era 13 – ‘i would recommend this publication to young adults every where, really an ageless vintage which will be recalled permanently, Read it!’
- Eloise Percy-Davis, era 12 – ‘i really like the zany and warm-hearted way that Holly Smale writes and I also look ahead to checking out more of the woman services!’
- Izzy Read, get older 12 – ‘a lot of people can relate solely to this book, it covers so many aspects of a person’s lives; having difficulties to squeeze in, learning who you really are and achieving difficulties with relationships.’
- Rachel Bourn, get older 13 – ‘here is the funniest guide I’ve look over in a number of years. Harriet along with her ideal (ONLY) buddy Nat are two of the most extremely interesting figures We have encounter.’
- Mia Cook age 11 – ‘I would recommend Geek woman to anybody who wants an excellent laugh and loves an unique tale.’
- Safiyah Afghan – ‘a great book for teen women whom appreciate these clever guides about common youngsters whom go through major adjustment, but remain correct to themselve.’
- Carla Mc Guigan era 12 – ‘This unique had been an extremely interesting read and I truly loved checking out it. We look ahead to reading more of Holly Smale’s products.’
- Emily Clowes, 11 – ‘technical lady is an amazing guide. Harriet and her companion, Nat are living in a whole lot of manner. Getting clever doesn’t constantly support through your issues and Harriet finds this out whenever she experiences this lady child confusions. This publication is stuffed with laughter and tears; it is quite like becoming on a roller coaster and finding yourself at the end of a catwalk whenever.